Having dry skin and dark spots can make some people feel conscious about their physical appearance. While these skin conditions aren’t harmful, they can lower your self-esteem and confidence, making everyday life an undesirable experience. While seeing a dermatologist is certain to yield the best results, this can be too expensive for some people. Fortunately, there are numerous natural methods to help brighten your skin without a large price tag.
Natural Brightening Remedies
1. Lemon – Lemons are packed with vitamins and minerals that help stimulate and brighten the skin. The citric acid in lemons also controls and eliminates excessive oil and dirt from the skin. To get the most from lemons, create a face mask by mixing a tablespoon of lemon juice and two tablespoons of honey, then apply to the affected areas for 15 minutes. Wipe and rinse with cold water afterward.
2. Yogurt – Yogurt is a natural ingredient proven to reduce redness and inflammation in your skin. It also contains alpha hydroxy acids that remove the build-up of dry skin cells, making your skin softer and smoother in the process. The lactic acid in yogurt also helps reduce hyperpigmentation caused by dark spots. Make a yogurt mask to brighten your skin by mixing one tablespoon of plain yogurt with one teaspoon of honey. Apply on your skin for 15 minutes before rinsing it off with cold water.
3. Oatmeal – Reducing inflammation as well as minimizing redness, oatmeal acts as an exfoliating agent that gets rid of skin cells that are overproducing. Adding oatmeal to your skincare routine can help brighten your overall complexion. Make a face mask by grinding oatmeal and adding enough water to make a thick paste. Apply it on your skin and wait for 15 minutes. While you’re waiting, you can massage the paste on your skin. Remove with cold water afterwards.
4. Tomatoes – Tomatoes contain natural bleaching agents that reduce age spots, dark spots, and pigmentation. Create a face mask by blending together a tomato and one or two tablespoons of honey. Leave on for 15 minutes before removing with cold water.
5. Aloe Vera – Aloe vera is a natural remedy that helps in skin repair and soothing, it’s most popular in treating sunburns. Additionally, its high vitamin C content helps brighten the skin. To get the most from aloe vera, apply its gel directly onto the affected area.
6. Honey – Honey has naturally moisturizing benefits to the skin. It also has access amounts of antioxidants that help brighten and clear up spots and dark areas. Create a mask with one tablespoon of honey and two tablespoons of lemon juice and apply onto the affected areas for 10-15 minutes before rinsing with cold water.
7. Coconut Oil – Coconut oil is an effective natural moisturizer. It contains fatty acids that penetrate and help nourish the skin. To get the most out of coconut oil for your skin, use it as a facial moisturiser.
Having dry skin and dark spots can be discouraging. Thankfully, there are numerous natural methods that can help brighten your skin, from lemon masks to coconut oil moisturizers. All the ingredients used here are easy to find and don’t cost much. While seeing a dermatologist is an option, now you know you can achieve great results using natural methods in the comfort of your home.